Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 New Year's Resolution

Never having been one to make New Year's resolutions I am going to go out on a limb and make one this year.  Since starting this blog over eight years ago, I have become increasing lax in posting articles and keeping the site current.  For that I apologize.  I have learned that blogging takes time...a lot of time...and work to keep the site up to date, interesting and hopefully relevant.  My passion for observing, learning about, and enjoying birds, other wildlife, and the environment is as important to me as ever. What has changed as of the end of 2016 is my retirement from a 36+ year professional career as a fisheries biologist, and now find myself in the enjoyable position of having more time to pursue birding and other interests. So, my New Year's resolution is to commit more time to writing blog articles and hopefully become better at it.  In my pursuit of self-improvement I welcome feedback and constructive criticism from readers.

A New Year's Day treat in Swanzey, New Hampshire: male Varied Thrush, a
species that breeds in moist, coniferous dominated forests of the Northwest (Alaska,
western Canada, northwestern United States) and is a winter vagrant in the East.

No comments:

Post a Comment